Ingredient Group One:
- 2 1/4 C warm water (110 degrees, this is important)
- 2 tbsp Saf Instant Yeast
- 1/2 cup honey (or agave as an alternate)
Ingredient Group Two:
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour (freshly ground for best nutrition)
- 1 cup of unbleached white flour
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 egg
Ingredient Group Three:
- 1 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 to 2 cups of whole wheat flour (enough to clean the sides of the bowl)
- Combine the ingredients in Ingredient Group One in Bosch mixing bowl and let set about 5 minutes.
- Add and mix in the ingredients in Ingredient Group Two.
- Knead the bread mixture for about 2 minutes in your Bosch mixer on speed 1 or 2 then add the ingredients in Ingredient Group Three.
- Knead the mixture for about 8 minutes.
- Leave the bread in the bowl so that it can rise and double (with loose cover). This will take about 40 minutes.
- Punch down the bread or jog your mixer for just a moment. Then, place dough on oiled surface and divide into loaves in bread pans.
- Make 3 slashes on tops with sharp knife and place in slightly warm oven. Let rise until double, then turn over and bake at 350 degrees until the bread is golden in color. This takes about 35-40 minutes, or until the internal temp of the bread is 190-200 degrees.